FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
GIANT OPENS BRAND NEW QUARRYVILLE STORE
Carlisle, PA, June 28, 2019 – GIANT Food Stores celebrated the grand opening of its new Quarryville store located at 100 TownsEdge Drive on Friday, June 28 at 8 a.m. GIANT entered into an agreement to acquire the 65,000 square foot location from Ferguson & Hassler last month.
The new Quarryville GIANT, including the fuel station and café, now operate on Sundays. Expanded hours of operation are 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. seven days a week. GIANT employs also approximately 170 full and part time associates, including approximately 100 associates from Ferguson & Hassler.
“Today is the day we’ve been waiting for and our team of associates can’t wait to welcome the Quarryville community to its new GIANT,” said Hasija Hodzic, store manager. “This store is the perfect blend of familiar favorites and new offerings and is as unique as the Quarryville community. From expanded hours and product assortment to convenient services like catering and grocery delivery or pick up, we’re here for our customers and ready to help make their lives a little bit easier.”
With today’s opening in Quarryville, GIANT now operates 180 stores, including 10 stores and more than 1,500 associates in Lancaster County.
The new Quarryville store features GIANT’S signature fresh departments, coupled with expanded product variety and new offerings, including:
- Farm fresh produce – More than 350 fresh produce items including a variety of organic selections, locally grown produce, in-store fresh cut vegetables and fruits, and a full salad bar;
- Full-service deli – Fresh assortment of Boar’s Head deli meats and cheeses along with an expanded selection of prepared foods and grab and go meals, including local favorites like Fergie’s chicken salad;
- Full-service bakery – Featuring signature cakes, artisan breads, made-fresh donuts and other dessert favorites;
- GIANT DIRECT, Powered by Peapod - Gives busy Quarryville customers the opportunity to order their groceries online for easy curbside pick-up or delivery at giantdirect.com;
- Entertaining by GIANT – Appetizers, entrees and even desserts are all available through GIANT’S catering service, and with online ordering at giantfoodstores.com, celebrations have never been easier;
- On-site fuel station – Located within the store parking lot, for every $100 spent on groceries using a BonusCard, GIANT customers receive ten cents off per gallon of gas when they fill up as part of Gas Extra Rewards.
As part of GIANT’S ongoing philanthropic commitment, the store celebrated its opening by making $1,000 donations to each of the following local community groups: Quarryville Borough Police, Quarryville Fire Department, Quarryville Library, Solanco Neighborhood Ministries and Solanco School District.
In celebration of the grand opening Quarryville customers can enjoy special grand opening savings, in-store entertainment and giveaways throughout the weekend:
- Friday, June 28: The first 200 customers in line received a free GIANT reusable shopping bag, a six-pack of GIANT brand English muffins, Nature’s Promise cereal bars and other grand opening savings. The day also includes sampling from BrightFarms and Boar’s Head.
- Saturday, June 29: Activities include balloon animals from 11 a.m.–1 p.m., an appearance by Tastycake’s Kirby from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. and a giveaway of GIANT gift cards from the Nature’s Promise Prize Patrol from 12 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Sunday, June 30: Activities include a free red, white and blue pinwheel for all kids from 12 – 3 p.m. and a giveaway of GIANT gift cards from the Nature’s Promise Prize Patrol from 12 p.m. – 4 p.m.
About GIANT Food Stores, LLC
Founded in 1923 in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, GIANT Food Stores is passionate about building strong families and healthy communities. With a customer-centric approach in all it does, GIANT serves millions of families across Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia through its nearly 180 neighborhood stores, 132 pharmacies, 101 fuel stations and its online grocery ordering and delivery services. GIANT Food Stores is proud to employ more than 30,000 associates who believe in giving back to their community and over the last five years, GIANT, with the help of its customers and vendor partners, has proudly donated more than $100 million to local nonprofits.The GIANT Family of Brands includes GIANT, MARTIN'S Food Markets, GIANT Heirloom Market, and GIANT DIRECT, Powered by Peapod. GIANT Food Stores is a company of Ahold Delhaize USA. For more information visit the GIANT or MARTIN'S websites.