FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
GIANT OPENS BRAND NEW EAST STROUDSBURG STORE
Carlisle, PA, Novemver 15, 2019 – GIANT Food Stores celebrated the grand opening of its new East Stroudsburg store at 300 Lincoln Ave. on Friday, Nov. 15 at 8 a.m. The 66,000 square foot store operates from 6 a.m. to midnight, seven days a week and employs approximately 150 full and part time team members.
“Just in time for Thanksgiving and the holiday entertaining season, our new East Stroudsburg store offers plenty of fresh ideas, meal solutions and new convenient amenities from beer and wine to curbside grocery pick up and more to make the shopping experience a little bit easier for our customers,” said Sabita Singh, store manager. “We’ve designed this store with our customer top of mind in and meeting the grocery needs of them and their families, whenever and however they want to shop!”
The new East Stroudsburg store features GIANT’S signature fresh departments, coupled with expanded product variety and new offerings, including:
- Farm fresh produce – More than 350 fresh produce items including a variety of organic selections, locally grown produce, in-store fresh cut vegetables and fruits, and a full salad bar;
- Fresh meat & seafood – Offering a greater product selection such as USDA Prime, Nature’s Promise meats, fresh fish, and a variety of local offerings;
- Full-service deli – Fresh assortment of Boar’s Head deli meats and cheeses along with an expanded selection of prepared foods and grab and go meals;
- Full-service bakery – Featuring signature cakes, artisan breads, made-fresh donuts and other dessert favorites;
- Full-service floral – Offering a variety of fresh-cut flowers and stunning arrangements;
- GIANT DIRECT – Gives busy East Stroudsburg customers the opportunity to order their groceries online for easy curbside pick-up or delivery at giantdirect.com;
- Full-service pharmacy – Pharmacists available seven days a week to fill prescriptions, offer expert advice and administer vaccines;
- Beer & Wine Eatery – Stocked with more than 300 varieties of both national and local brand beer and wine in addition to fresh-made fare including meal combos, sandwiches, wraps, salads, subs, sushi and an Asian hot bar; and
- Entertaining by GIANT – Appetizers, entrees and even desserts are all available through GIANT’S catering service, and with online ordering at giantfoodstores.com, celebrations have never been easier.
When it comes time to redeem points, customers can either continue to redeem for discounts on gas at the on-site fuel station (100 points = $0.10 discount per gallon up to 25 gallons) or choose from among new offers such as converting points to dollars to save directly on groceries, leading to discounted or free products.
Grand opening community support and festivities As part of GIANT’S ongoing philanthropic commitment, the East Stroudsburg store celebrated its opening by making $1,000 donations to each of the following local community groups: East Stroudsburg Area School District, East Stroudsburg Fire Department, Pleasant Valley Ecumenical Network, Stroud Area Regional Police and Suburban EMS. In celebration of the grand opening, East Stroudsburg customers can enjoy special grand opening savings, in-store entertainment and giveaways throughout the weekend:
- Friday, Nov. 15: The first 200 customers at each store will receive a GIANT reusable shopping bag filled with product samples, 200 GIANT Choice Rewards points and other grand opening savings. In addition, Kirby The Krimpet will visit on grand opening day from 8 – 11 a.m.
- Saturday, Nov. 16: Tootsee the Clown will be making balloon animals from 12 – 4 p.m. and a giveaway of GIANT gift cards from the Nature’s Promise Prize Patrol from 12 – 4 p.m.
- Sunday, Nov. 17: Free coloring book 12 – 3 p.m. and a giveaway of GIANT gift cards from the Nature’s Promise Prize Patrol from 12 – 4 p.m.
About GIANT Food Stores, LLC
Founded in 1923 in Carlisle, Pa., GIANT Food Stores is passionate about connecting families and creating healthier communities. As an omni-channel retailer, GIANT proudly serves millions of neighbors across Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia. With more than 32,000 talented team members supporting over 180 stores, 132 pharmacies, 102 fuel stations, and over 115 online pickup hubs and grocery delivery service in hundreds of zip codes, GIANT is changing the customer experience and creating an impact in local communities for a better future. The GIANT Food Stores family of brands includes GIANT, MARTIN'S Food Markets, GIANT Heirloom Market, GIANT DIRECT and MARTIN’S DIRECT. GIANT Food Stores is a company of Ahold Delhaize USA. For more information, visit the GIANT or MARTIN'S websites.