FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
GIANT AND MARTIN’S PHARMACISTS OFFERING FREE HEALTH SCREENINGS OCT. 12
Flu shots also available, no appointment necessary
Carlisle, PA, October 7, 2019 – The pharmacists at GIANT Food Stores and MARTIN’S Food Markets are offering free health screenings at 25 in-store pharmacies on Saturday, Oct. 12 from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. Customers can receive free blood pressure, glucose and cholesterol screenings – no appointment necessary. In addition, flu vaccinations are also now available and administered by immunizing GIANT and MARTIN’S pharmacists, subject to state regulations.
“As part of our ongoing commitment to healthier communities, customers should feel free to stop in and speak with their local GIANT/MARTIN’S pharmacist anytime if they have questions regarding medications or vaccinations,” said Leigh Shirley, director of pharmacy operations, GIANT Food Stores. “In addition, they are also great resources for battling cold and flu season, from offering flu shots to recommending over-the-counter remedies for you and your family.”
The free health screenings are available at the following GIANT pharmacies in Pennsylvania:
- 3015 West Emmaus Ave., Allentown
- 2721 Street Road, Bensalem
- 1000 Scott Town Center, Bloomsburg
- 2910 Springfield Road, Broomall
- 1278 S. Market St., Elizabethtown
- 4510 Marketplace Way, Enola
- 471 Oxford Valley Road, Fairless Hills
- 1874 Bethlehem Pike, Flourtown
- 4211 Union Deposit Road, Harrisburg
- 1540 Cowpath Road, Hatfield
- 116 West Township Line Road, Havertown
- 70 St. Locust St., Hazleton
- 255 Cumberland Parkway, Mechanicsburg
- 5301 Simpson Ferry Road, Mechanicsburg
- 859 Nazareth Pike, Nazareth
- 1153 N. 5th St., Perkasie
- 3175 Cape Horn Road, Red Lion
- 4320 5th Street Highway, Temple
- 3477 Lincoln Highway, Thorndale
- 50 E. Wynnewood Road, Wynnewood
In addition, the following MARTIN’S pharmacies are also participating in the free health screenings on Oct. 12:
- 200 E. Chestnut Ave., Altoona, Pa.
- 739 Park St., Cumberland, Md.
- 18726 N. Pointe Drive, Hagerstown, Md.
- 1570 Oakland Ave., Indiana, Pa.
- 901 Foxcroft Ave., Martinsburg, W. Va.
As a full-service pharmacy, most GIANT and MARTIN’S pharmacies offer blood pressure checks with higi stations for customers to utilize. Additionally, pharmacists offer adult immunization reviews and administer adult vaccinations, subject to state regulations, including those for influenza, pneumonia and shingles.
About GIANT Food Stores, LLC
Founded in 1923 in Carlisle, Pa., GIANT Food Stores is passionate about connecting families and creating healthier communities. As an omni-channel retailer, GIANT proudly serves millions of neighbors across Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia. With more than 32,000 talented associates supporting over 180 stores, 132 pharmacies, 102 fuel stations, over 100 online pickup hubs and grocery delivery service in hundreds of zip codes, GIANT is changing the customer experience and creating an impact in local communities for a better future. The GIANT Food Stores family of brands includes GIANT, MARTIN'S Food Markets, GIANT Heirloom Market, GIANT DIRECT and MARTIN’S DIRECT, Powered by Peapod. GIANT Food Stores is a company of Ahold Delhaize USA. For more information, visit the GIANT or MARTIN'S websites.