February 17, 2014
GIANT/MARTIN’S ALERTS CUSTOMERS TO VOLUNTARY RECALL OF HOT POCKETS PHILLY STEAK & CHEESE
Carlisle, PA – Following notification by its supplier, Nestle USA, GIANT/MARTIN’S announced it removed from sale Hot Pockets Philly Steak & Cheese as a result of the Rancho Feeding Corporation recall of meat products. The USDA announced a recall of Rancho Feeding Corporation meat products because they were produced without all required inspections.
The following products are included in this recall:
- Hot Pocket Philly Steak & Cheese, 9 oz., UPC4369507107, Batch numbers:
- 3021544512 with a best before date of March 2014
- 3029544512 with a best before date of March 2014
- 3197544512 with a best before date of September 2014
- 3240544512 with a best before date of October 2014
- Hot Pocket Croissant Crust Philly Steak & Cheese, 9 oz., UPC 4369505634, Batch numbers:
- 3211544512 with a best before date of September 2014
- 3248544512 with a best before date of November 2014
- 3283544512 with a best before date of December 2014
- Hot Pocket Philly Steak & Cheese, 54 oz., UPC 4369507520, Batch numbers:
- 3022544513 with a best before date of March 2014
- 3191544512 with a best before date of September 2014
- 3224544512 with a best before date of October 2014
- 3254544512 with a best before date of November 2014
- 3268544512 with a best before date of November 2014
GIANT/MARTIN’S has received no reports of illnesses to date.
Customers who have purchased the product should discard any unused portions and bring their purchase receipt to GIANT/MARTIN’S for a full refund.
Consumers looking for additional information on the recall may call Nestle USA Consumer Services at 800-392-4057. In addition, customers may call GIANT/MARTIN’S Customer Service at 1-888-814-4268 for more information. Customers can also visit www.GiantFoodStores.com and www.MartinsFoods.com.
Headquartered in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, GIANT/MARTIN’S operates nearly 200 grocery stores in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia, under the names of GIANT Food Stores and MARTIN’S Food Markets. GIANT/MARTIN’S employs more than 31,000 associates. Founded in 1923, GIANT and MARTIN’S have a long-standing commitment to eradicate hunger and improve the quality of life for children in addition to working with hundreds of local organizations annually. The company was recognized for its leadership in the fight against hunger with the Golden Grocer Award by the U.S. Department of Agriculture. In addition, GIANT/MARTIN’S is one of the top ten fund-raisers in the country for local Children’s Miracle Network hospitals. GIANT and MARTIN’S are Ahold companies. For more information visit www.GiantFoodStores.com and www.MartinsFoods.com. Find us on Facebook at facebook.com/giantfoodstores and facebook.com/martinsfoods.