December 11, 2015
GIANT/MARTIN’S ALERTS CUSTOMERS TO VOLUNTARY RECALL OF SWEET LEAF TEA PRODUCTS IN GLASS BOTTLES
Carlisle, PA – Following a recall by The Sweet Leaf Tea Company, GIANT Food Stores, LLC and MARTIN’S Food Markets announced it removed from sale select Sweet Leaf Tea products in 16 ounce glass bottles only due to the possible presence of glass fragments.
The following products, with best by dates located on the shoulder of the bottle, are included in this recall:
- Sweet Leaf Raspberry Tea, 16 oz. glass bottle, UPC 65153806703, with Best By Dates of 6/30/16, 8/31/16, or 10/31/16
- Sweet Leaf Half and Half Lemonade Tea, 16 oz. glass bottle, UPC 65153806708, with Best By Dates of 6/30/16, 8/31/16 or 10/31/16
- Sweet Leaf Tea Original, 16 oz. glass bottle, UPC 65153806700, with Best By Dates of 6/30/16, 8/31/16 or 10/31/16
- Sweet Leaf Green Tea with Citrus, 16 oz. glass bottle, UPC 65153806720, with Best By Dates of 6/30/16, 8/31/16 or 10/31/16
- Sweet Leaf Peach Tea, 16 oz. glass bottle, UPC 65153806704, with Best By Dates of 6/30/16, 8/31/16 or 10/31/16
- Sweet Leaf Mint & Honey Tea, 16 oz. glass bottle, UPC 65153806701, with Best By Dates of 6/30/16, 8/31/16 or 10/31/16
GIANT/MARTIN’S has received no reports of injury to date. Customers who have purchased these products should discard any unused portions and bring their purchase receipt to GIANT/MARTIN’S for a full refund.
Consumers looking for additional information on the recall may call Sweet Leaf at 877-832-5323. In addition customers may call GIANT/MARTIN’S Customer Service at 1-888-814-4268 for more information. Customers can also visit the GIANT or MARTIN’S websites.
GIANT/MARTIN’S is committed to working every day to help its customers save money, save time and eat well. Founded in 1923 in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, GIANT/MARTIN’S operates nearly 200 grocery stores in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia, under the names of GIANT Food Stores and MARTIN’S Food Markets. GIANT/MARTIN’S employs more than 33,000 associates and is a division of Ahold USA. In addition to working with hundreds of local and regional organizations annually, GIANT/MARTIN’S has a long-standing focus on efforts to eradicate hunger and improve the quality of life for children. GIANT/MARTIN’S is one of the top ten fund-raisers in the country for local Children’s Miracle Network hospitals. The company was also recognized as 2015 Chain Retailer of the Year by Grocery Headquarters. For more information visit the GIANT or MARTIN'S websites.Find GIANT and MARTIN'S on Facebook and on Twitter @GiantFoodStores or @MartinsFoodMkts.