June 15, 2016
GIANT/MARTIN'S ALERTS CUSTOMERS TO VOLUNTARY RECALL OF CERTAIN SNACK ITEMS PRODUCED BY KELLOGG COMPANY
Carlisle, PA. (June 8, 2016) - Following a recall by Frito Lay, GIANT Food Stores, LLC and MARTIN'S Food Markets announced it removed from sale select Rold Gold pretzel products that may contain peanut residue, which is not included in the ingredient list.
These products are safe to consume for individuals who do not suffer from a peanut allergy. The Food and Drug Administration advises consumers with severe peanut allergies to avoid the recalled products because of peanut residue in these products. The amount of peanut exposure from use of the recalled products is low and not expected to cause adverse health effects in the vast majority of peanut allergic consumers.
The following products are included in this recall:
- Kellogg’s Special K Mini Brownies Blondie, 6 ct., UPC 3800073819 with Best By Dates of JAN 01 2017 – JAN 02 2017
- Kellogg’s Special K Mini Brownies Fudge, 6 ct., UPC 3800076434 with a Best By Date of JAN 03 2017
- Keebler Frozen Graham Snacks Disney - Cinnamon, 2.2 oz., UPC 3010010957 with a Best By Date of JAN 06 17 FK
- Keebler Frozen Graham Snacks Cinnamon, 12 ct., UPC 3010010955 with Best By Dates of JAN 05 17; JAN 20 17 and JAN 21 17
- Keebler E.L. Fudge Double Stuffed Sandwich Cookies, 12 oz., UPC 3010020363 with Best By Dates of JAN 06 17 through JAN 08 17
- Keebler Animals Crackers, 2.4 oz., UPC 3010010850 with Best By Dates of DEC 19 16 through JAN 04 17
- Murray Ginger Snaps Old Fashioned Ginger Cookies, 16 oz., UPC 8201110007 with Best By Dates of JAN 01 17 and JAN 04 17
- Famous Amos Cookies Double Chocolate Chip, 12.4 oz., UPC 7667710060 with Best By Dates of JAN 04 17 through JAN 05 17
- Famous Amos Cookies Chocolate Chip Pecan, 12.4 oz., UPC 7667754107 with a Best By Date of JAN 14 17
- Famous Amos Chocolate Chip Cookies, 2.7 oz. cup, UPC 7667710033 with Best By Dates of DEC 11 16; DEC 14 16 and DEC 15 16
- Keebler Gripz Variety On the Go Pack, 14 ct., UPC 30100010525 with Best By Dates of DEC 09 16 through DEC 11 16
Symptoms of food allergies typically appear from within a few minutes to two hours after a person has eaten the food to which he or she is allergic. Allergic reactions can include: hives; flushed skin or rash; tingling or itchy sensation in the mouth; face, tongue, or lip swelling; vomiting and/or diarrhea; abdominal cramps; coughing or wheezing; dizziness and/or lightheadedness; swelling of the throat and vocal cords; difficulty breathing; loss of consciousness.
Customers who have purchased this product should discard any unused portions and bring their purchase receipt to GIANT/MARTIN'S for a full refund.
Consumers looking for additional information on the recall may call Kellogg Company at 800-962-1413. In addition customers may call GIANT/MARTIN'S Customer Service at 1-888-814-4268 for more information. Customers can also visit the GIANT or MARTIN'S websites.
GIANT/MARTIN'S is committed to working every day to help its customers save money, save time and eat well. Founded in 1923 in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, GIANT/MARTIN'S operates nearly 200 grocery stores in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia, under the names of GIANT Food Stores and MARTIN'S Food Markets. GIANT/MARTIN'S employs more than 33,000 associates and is a division of Ahold USA. In addition to working with hundreds of local and regional organizations annually, GIANT/MARTIN'S has a long-standing focus on efforts to eradicate hunger and improve the quality of life for children. GIANT/MARTIN'S is one of the top ten fund-raisers in the country for local Children’s Miracle Network hospitals. The company was also recognized as 2015 Chain Retailer of the Year by Grocery Headquarters. For more information visit the GIANT or MARTIN'S websites. Find GIANT and MARTIN'S on Facebook and on Twitter @GiantFoodStores or @MartinsFoodMkts.