November 10, 2016
GIANT FOOD STORES OPENS NEW BROOKHAVEN STORE"We're offering customers more ways to save time, save money and eat well" - Mark Gregor, store manager
Carlisle, PA. (November 10, 2016) - GIANT Food Stores opens the doors of its brand new Brookhaven location tomorrow, Friday, Nov. 11 at 8 a.m. The 67,000 square foot store at 4930 Edgemont Ave., Brookhaven, which replaces the current GIANT store located at 4801 Edgemont Ave., operates 6 a.m. until midnight, seven days a week.
Approximately 100 additional full and part time jobs were created to bring the total Brookhaven store workforce to 220.
"With a brand new store offering updated amenities such as the convenience of an in-store pharmacy and more product selection including the addition of beer and wine and increased variety of organic items, we're able to give our Brookhaven customers more ways to save time, save money and eat well," said Mark Gregor, store manager.
Fresh offerings to eat well
The new Brookhaven GIANT features the company's newest store layout with an emphasis on fresh offerings to help customers not only eat well, but save money and time too. Fresh departments include:
- Produce Marketplace - Fill your basket with a harvest of farm-fresh fruits and vegetables, including local seasonal picks, certified organics and specialty items.
- Butcher Shoppe and Seafood Market - features full service amenities with choices of Certified Angus Beef, 100% USDA Choice Grade Beef, All-Natural Hatfield Pork, Grade A Chicken and a vast selection of steaks, filets and shellfish and a lobster tank with free steamer service.
- Market Square Deli - brings the freshest assortment of deli meats, including Boar's Head products and a world-class assortment of cheeses and specialty cheeses. Customers will also find ready-to-eat sandwiches and salads, GIANT’S signature fried chicken, fresh rotisserie chicken, pasta, soups, entrees and freshly prepared sushi.
- Corner Bakery Shoppe - features GIANTƷS award-winning cakes and desserts, Old World artisan breads, and delicious donuts.
- Floral - Innovative designs quality flowers can be found in the Queen Collection. The Queen Collection features a number of stunning arrangements, including eight floral bouquets and two orchids that have all been personally named by Queen Latifah. From holiday arrangements to simple bouquets to brighten someone's day, GIANT'S full-service professional florists can help.
Helping customers save time
For added convenience, the new Brookhaven store features new departments and amenities to help customers save time in their overall shopping experience:
- GIANT has introduced an in-store pharmacy to its new Brookhaven store. Expert pharmacists are available seven days a week to fill and manage prescriptions, offer expert advice, administer vaccines and suggest the right over-the-counter medications.
- In addition to offering a variety of eat-in and take-out dining options, the Beer Garden and Eatery offers a large selection of craft, domestic and imported beer as well as a full selection of wine. GIANT enforces a 100% proof-of-age policy at the Beer Garden and Eatery. Cashiers will ask for proper identification from all customers wanting to purchase alcohol, regardless of age.
- Customers can also utilize GIANT'S state-of-the-art technology while shopping including SCAN IT! or SCAN IT! mobile. Using either a smartphone or a SCAN IT! handheld device, customers can scan and bag their groceries as they shop and pay at the checkout. With SCAN IT! and SCAN IT! mobile, customers receive exclusive, personalized offers and can get a total while shopping, making it easier to stay on budget. Free WiFi is also available throughout the store to utilize GIANT'S smartphone app while shopping.
- The Brookhaven GIANT offers other services, including an ATM, lottery tickets, money orders, postage stamps, RedBox DVD rentals, and Western Union.
Better neighbor commitment
GIANT celebrated its grand opening by donating $5,000 to the following regional organizations during a presentation on Thursday, Nov. 10:
- Brookhaven Fire Company No. 1
- Brookhaven Police Department
- Children's Miracle Network - Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Penn-Delco School District
GIANT is dedicated to being a better neighbor and building healthier communities, focusing on efforts to fight hunger and improve the quality of life for children.
Grand Opening Festivities
In celebration of the grand opening, Brookhaven customers can enjoy special grand opening savings, in-store entertainment, and giveaways throughout the weekend:
- Friday, Nov. 11: The first 200 customers will receive a 6-pack of GIANT Brand English Muffins, a GIANT reusable shopping bag and a loaf of Sarah Lee Artesano Bread.
- Saturday, Nov. 12: The Own Brands Team will award customers $5 gift cards for purchasing GIANT brand products. And, for the kids, face painting.
- Sunday, Nov. 13: The Own Brands Team will award customers $5 gift cards for purchasing GIANT brand products. Free mood pencils for the first 250 kids and a balloon artist will be making balloon animals.
GIANT/MARTIN'S is committed to working every day to help its customers save money, save time and eat well. Founded in 1923 in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, GIANT/MARTIN’S operates nearly 200 grocery stores in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia, under the names of GIANT Food Stores and MARTIN'S Food Markets. GIANT/MARTIN'S employs more than 33,000 associates and is a division of Ahold USA. In addition to working with hundreds of local and regional organizations annually, GIANT/MARTIN'S has a long-standing focus on efforts to eradicate hunger and improve the quality of life for children. GIANT/MARTIN’S is one of the top ten fund-raisers in the country for local Children’s Miracle Network hospitals. The company was also recognized as 2015 Chain Retailer of the Year by Grocery Headquarters. For more information visit the GIANT or MARTIN'S websites. Find GIANT and MARTIN'S on Facebook and on Twitter @GiantFoodStores or @MartinsFoodMkts.